1) RESPECT YOUR GUILDMATES. If you find out something irritates your guildmates, try not to do it. By the same token, if a guildmate does something that irritates you, don’t assume that they are doing it intentionally, or even know they are doing it at all. Which leads to…
2) OFFICERS ARE IN CHARGE OF DISCIPLINE AND BEHAVIOR. If you think someone is violating rules, either by behavior or in game, bring it to an officer’s attention and let them deal with it. Members should not call out or criticize guildmates publicly. Let the officers handle that; it’s why we get paid the big bucks and get to hang out in the executive lounge. In the event a disciplinary action is required, the officers will decide on the level of action to be taken. Discipline may include a private warning, loss of privileges, demotion or expulsion
3) NO POLITICS OR RELGION ON VENT/FORUMS. Whining may occur only with officer permission or when Soul is being pummeled by Mac so keep it private conversations and/or messages.
4) ACT LIKE AN ADULT. Adults occasionally curse, drink fun beverages, and make jokes at each other’s expense. Adults also know there is a time not to do any of these things. If you don’t know which time it is, better assume it’s the latter.
5) WE ARE NO ONE’S FALLBACK GUILD. If a member decides to join another guild in a game we are actively supporting, don’t expect an invitation back to NGD if it doesn’t work out. The grass is rarely greener, and there is a price for jumping the fence to get a taste.
6) THE DOOR IS ALWAYS OPEN. As much as it pains us to say, the officers are not omniscient. We are always open to new ideas, suggestions and tactics. One of the strengths of the guild is the decades of collective game experience we have, but your ideas are useless if you don’t share them. The worse that happens is we blame you for absolute failure….
7) PROTECT THE GUILD’S REPUTATION. We work hard to maintain our standing in the gaming community. We don’t cheat other players. We don’t exploit. We don’t act like children in public chat channels. We don’t tolerate members who do.
8) HAVE FUN PLAYING THE GAMES. Make sure that you are making the game fun not just for yourself, but also for your guildmates.